Helpline: 0300 330 0630
10am-10pm every day
At Switchboard we provide an information, support and referral service for lesbians, gay men and bisexual and trans* people – and anyone considering issues around their sexuality and/or gender identity.
We listen to all kinds of calls, and we take every one seriously. Whatever made you call, we’re glad you did – and we want to help you.
Here are some of the things people might call us for:
- Support for a man who has been a victim of homophobic abuse, but has previously had a bad experience going to the police
- Contact details for an LGBT-friendly therapist
- Support for a lesbian teenager thrown out of her home by her parents, and who needs somewhere to stay
- Information about a support group for a man who wants to wear women’s clothes for the first time in public
- Information on how to get to local gay pubs for someone with mobility issues
- Times and places for a local bisexual social group
- Listening to some of the concerns a mother has about her child who is trans*
Every call is unique, and Switchboard prides itself on responding to the changing needs of our communities by providing a service that’s continually evolving and relevant.