LGBT Foundation, formerly known as The Lesbian & Gay Foundation (The LGF), is a national charity delivering a wide range of services to lesbian, gay and bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities.
We believe in a fair and equal society where all LGBT people can achieve their full potential. We are passionate about the work we do with LGBT communities and we want to be as inclusive as possible to ensure LGBT voices are heard and their needs are met.
Since our announcement to become an LGBT inclusive charity in August 2014, we have been working hard to include bisexual and trans people more visibly in their services.
Our aim is to achieve change with and on behalf of LGBT people and continue to meet their needs by providing vital services. We want to continue to offer support to those who need us the most through inclusive services to LGBT people.
#TransMCR is a monthly event for the trans community at LGBT Foundation! #TransMCR is organised by LGBT Foundation with various trans groups and volunteers across Greater Manchester. This is a space for anyone who self-identifies as trans or non-binary and their friends and family.
Every month there are loads of opportunities to explore workshops, listen to talks and learn new skills as well as a range of advice drop-ins, holistic therapies and beauty treatments. Our Community Café is open throughout the day and is staffed by volunteers from local Trans groups in Manchester.
#TransMCR is a great way to meet other people who identify as trans, explore shared interests and get involved. We hope you have a fantastic time and we’re keen to hear your feedback for future events.
- Community Cafe - snacks, advice and befriending for trans people, all day long.
- Free Clothes Shop - Bring any items of unwanted but functional clothing, shoes, accessories, wigs, binders etc (clean & in good condition) and add them to our swap shop rail and feel free take anything that better suits your needs. This is great way to try new clothes and styles
- Advice & Guidance - Health, Legal & Wellbeing
- Free Condoms & Lube & Sexual Health Information
- Changing Facilities - We have a dedicated changing room which is private and safe for anyone to use. The space will be equipped with a range of toiletries and products and accessible for anyone who wishes to get ready in the building or changed throughout the day.
- Quiet space/Prayer room - Throughout the day, we have a dedicated quiet space if you wish to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the event. The room has prayer mats and multi-faith texts.
Facebook: LGBT Foundation