Derbyshire LGBT+ is Derbyshire’s only LGBT specific support service, we are here to support anyone who is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender or anyone who is having issues with their sexual identity or gender identity, this includes family and friends.
There are many reasons that you might want to contact us;
- if you’re thinking about coming out
- if you’re questioning your gender or sexuality
- If you want to know the best places to get size 11 ladies shoes or a chest binder
- if you’ve just moved into Derbyshire and are looking to make new friends and get involved in the LGBT+ community
- if you’re tired of leading a double-gendered life
- if you’re being bullied, harassed or have been assaulted over your sexuality or gender
- if your spouse has just told you that they are Trans*
- if your same-sex partner is subjecting you to financial, physical or emotional abuse
- if you’ve just come out and been asked by your faith leader not to attend worship services any more
- if your teenager has just come out and told you they are being bullied at college because they are gay
Whatever the reason, we have several services that you can choose from. We have a drop in service, where anyone is welcome to pop in and have a cuppa, and chat to our knowledgeable and friendly staff, and volunteers. We have several social support groups which meet regularly, and are looking to set up more in the coming months. We also have a strong focus on sexual health, so please ask if you want condoms, lube or dental dams, or sexual health advice. Our supportive listening service is run by trained individuals, who are here to give you space and time to talk confidentially about the issues you want to explore.
Facebook Page: derbyshirelgbt