Switchboard is a charity for LGBTQ people looking for a sense of community, support or information. We connect people and support them directly through specially developed Switchboard services or link them other specialist organisations. Originally a helpline, we have developed additional services and now offer much more.
Our Vision is an inclusive and diverse society in which all LGBTQ people can realise their own unique potential. Our Mission, as a charity run by and for LGBTQ people to work to understand and respond to the needs of all LGBTQ communities. We do this by: Listening; informing; developing.
- Supportive – we are supportive of one another, of all our LGBTQ communities and of all those using our services
- Inclusive – we are inclusive and we promote and celebrate the diversity of all people and aim to be intersectional in our approach
- Passionate – we are passionate about making a difference to the lives of all LGBTQ individuals and communities
- Friendly – we are friendly with everyone that we work with
- Professional – we are professional in our approach to providing services, undertaking research and working with others
Our helpline provides you with support and information and will connect you to the right LGBTQ services or advice.
Operated by LGBTQ volunteers you can talk to us confidentially and anonymously about anything that’s on your mind.
We support people with a range of questions and we believe that listening can help, whether you are looking for information and support or just need someone to talk to.
Call us: 01273 204050
Email us: email@example.com
Live web chat: bottom right hand corner on the website
Facebook Page: LGBTswitchboard