Young people who identify as LGBTQ+ or are unsure often feel isolated and alone with their sexuality or gender identity. At Breakout Youth, you will find a group of like-minded young people that you can socialise with safely. You’ll also find help with those feelings of isolation or confusion. We run confidential youth groups based in Southampton, Romsey, Basingstoke, Andover, the New Forest and the Isle of Wight.
Breakout Youth was set up in Southampton in 1993 as a full-time project run by Southampton City Council, in response to the dangers faced by LGBT youth at the time. Breakout Youth became a charity in its own right in May 2012.
Our Youth Groups are run by a mixture of youth workers and volunteers. All are highly skilled and are trained to a high standard in order to provide safe, confidential advice and support to LGBT young people like you.
We offer a range of support services to young people and professionals on LGBTQ+ issues:
- Regular confidential youth groups across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
- Local activities and events providing enjoyment, support and valuable information.
- Help with talking to others about your sexuality or gender identity.
- Access to other services that may help you.
- Confidential one-on-one support.
- Access to free condoms, lube, Chlamydia screens, pregnancy testing and advice from qualified sexual health workers.
- Support to help you stay safe in your relationships and your community.
If you are a professional, we also offer bespoke training on issues around sexuality, homophobia, gender and transphobia. We can design and run sessions for groups or assemblies, or support young people on a one to one basis.
Facebook: Breakout Youth Project