Aurora is Croydon's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Police Consultation Group.
Aims and objectives - To work together to increase the confidence of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) communities in the police, by taking positive action to address local issues of concern, by:
- Seeking to reduce hate crime against the LGBT community, and the attitudes that support it (sometimes called 'homophobia' and 'transphobia')
- Providing a forum to consult and agree action over concerns
- Exchanging information and advice
- Providing support to police officers dealing with LGBT policing issues
- Providing a safe environment for members of the LGBT community to meet for the reporting of crime and other relevant LGBT issues
- Identifying and adopting best practice
- Assisting police with community impact assessments
We meet with Croydon Police on alternate months to discuss issues of interest to the local Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community.
Facebook Page: Facebook